How to get to Barcelona
Train: High-speed trains connect Barcelona to many major European cities. You can have a look at high-speed and standard trains at RailEurope, for European connections, or AVE, for the Spanish high-speed lines. An alternative option is to turn your visit to Barcelona into an European trip and take advantage of passes like Interail, for EU citizens, or Eurail, for non-EU citizens (they both have short-trip options and passes for young and senior passengers).
Bus or coach: There are also buses and coaches connecting Barcelona to other cities in Spain and the rest of Europe. The main bus company in Spain is ALSA and you can check bus travel in Europe at GoEuro.
Plane: El Prat Airport is the closest airport facility to Barcelona. Other international airports close to Barcelona are Girona/Costa Brava Airport (92 km), Reus Airport (100 km) and Perpginan Airport (193 km).
We strongly recommend coming by train as the eco-friendliest option, or alternatively choosing eco-friendly buses or coaches.
From El Prat airport to the city: Up-to-date information on public transport from Barcelona airport to the city centre. Airport buses and trains reach the centre of Barcelona in 30-40 minutes and link up to the transport network:
- Official shuttle: Aerobús express shuttle (A1 and A2), connects the airport to the Plaça Catalunya square.
- Conventional bus line: 46
- Night bus: Nitbus N18 from Barcelona (Pl. Catalunya-Ronda Universitat) to terminal T1 i T2, Nitbus N17 to terminal T1 from Barcelona (Pl. Catalunya).
- Rodalies train (commuter rail service), R2: departs every 30 minutes from Terminal 2, and arriving at Barcelona-Sants Station in 20 minutes.
- Metro Line 9: https://www.tmb.cat/en/visit-barcelona/public-transport/metro-airport
- Those who might prefer to travel by road can catch a taxi from both terminals and train stations.
Barcelona City Transport: http://www.tmb.cat/en/home
How to get to UPF
Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Campus de Ciutadella
Ramon Trias Fargas 25-27
Roger de Llúria building
Registration is next to to the Auditori.
• Metro: Linea 4 (Yellow Line) "Ciutadella - Vila Olímpica" stop
• Tramway: Linea T4- "Wellington" stop
• Bus: V27, V21, H16, 92, 36, 136
UPF, Campus de la Ciutadella: https://www.upf.edu/web/campus/campus-ciutadella
Visiting Barcelona: tourist info
UPF ART TRACK: https://www.upf.edu/en/web/art-track/que-es
Tourism Barcelona: https://www.barcelonaturisme.com/wv3/en/
Useful mobile phone apps: https://www.barcelonaturisme.com/wv3/es/page/1464/aplicaciones-para-moviles.html
Barcelona journey planner: https://www.tmb.cat/en/barcelona/journey-planner
TMB Basic Barcelona TCasual Integrated Card: https://www.tmb.cat/en/barcelona-fares-metro-bus/single-and-integrated/t-casual
Other transport services and options: https://bcnshop.barcelonaturisme.com/shopv3/en/#